Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's Hard to Care

Back in January I blogged about my need to lose weight.  Yeah, well, that didn't happen.



Today I had to shop for a size larger jeans.  I hate the way I feel.  I hate the way I look.  I hate how much effort it takes to keep weight off.  I hate exercise.  I hate cooking.

I've lost the weight before and I know how hard it is to do.  It's so much easier to put it on. We all want the magic pill that will take the weight off with no effort.  Unfortunately, that's not an option.

I'm in a bad spot right now where I hate how I look, but getting up the energy to care and do something about it.  I'm physically and emotionally exhausted.  This summer was crazy with five trips over the summer.  I don't travel that much in two years, much less in one summer.  It threw everything off with my body.

I'm also dealing with the hormonal changes of aging, and the fact that the meds that I take to help with my allergies and migraines also cause weight gain.

I know I'm not the only person that feels this way.  If there was an exercise that I liked, it would be much easier.  Earlier this week I went to a Zumba class with my friend and co-worker, Carol.  She has been doing Zumba regularly, and she looks fabulous!! She really loves it.  I did enjoy the class, but my knee did not.  It locked up several times and caused some pretty severe pain.  Because of my knee issues, anything high impact is out.  I wish I could swim, but there are no pools easily available where I live.  The only pools are in schools, so the schedules are very difficult to manage.

I did "enjoy" an aerobic yoga when I did my big weight loss.  I was ready to start that back up again, but couldn't find the DVD.  I bought a new one today and I will force myself to get up early and get back at it.

I know that weight loss and emotional issues go hand in hand.  Losing weight will help my emotional health.

I need motivation.  Does anyone have any extra laying around??  Does anyone want to "buddy up" and hold each other accountable?

No comments:

Post a Comment