Friday, June 29, 2012

Where is God?

Today I had six hours to not do much of anything.  We are having a rummage sale to raise money for a mission trip my daughter and I are going on in a month.  As I looked out over the field of growing corn, I got to think about "seeing God."



For years, I have been drawn to water, specifically the ocean.  This is my ideal vacation.  Anything near the ocean is good with me.  It is very calming to me.

A few weeks ago I was in Houston visiting my best friend, and we spent time near the Gulf of Mexico, with the water at our side.  In addition to the companionship, the water soothed me greatly.  I don't know why I am so drawn to the water.  The waves, the sand, the sounds of the birds.. it is all amazing.

Equally, and completely opposite, I find great comfort in the mountains.  The beauty of the natural creation.  These high piles of "dirt" that house so much wildlife, change the landscape and change climate in a few thousand feet are simply majestic.



In a few weeks we will be heading to Colorado to spend time with my in-laws.  I have been to Colorado before, Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain area specifically, but this will be a different part of the state.  We are praying that the wildfires subside soon and that this beautiful countryside can be saved.

One more place I find God is in babies.  When I hold this tiny little creation in my arms, I can't help but be amazed by the little human that is created.  My heart becomes so full when I have a baby in my arms, or smiling up at me.



God is all around us, if we take the time to look.  If these photos made your smile or brought some light to your day...Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment