We chatted for a bit about how my son is doing, or not doing as the case may be. We were in the community where my son now resides and where his birth family lives. I was never fond of this worker, and the following statement shows just one of the many reasons why.
"So, he's living here where his natural family is?"
Well, if his birth family is his natural family, we are not his birth family so that make us, what? Unnatural? I looked up the definition of unnatural.
1. In violation of a natural law.
2. Inconsistent with an individual pattern or custom.
3. Deviating from a behavioral or social norm: an unnatural attachment.
4. Contrived or constrained; artificial: smiled in an unnatural manner.
5. In violation of natural feelings; inhuman.